Thursday, September 9, 2010

Whirlwind!!!

Our lives are just in a whirlwind. Since my last post, I have been horrible about taken pictures of the kids, and Matt has decided to go back to his old job. He had a really good couple of weeks but for a number of reasons felt that working at Wyndham was not for him. He's happy to be back doing what he enjoys and I am happy to have what I feel is a more normal schedule. We stayed up so late because we knew he didn't have to work until 12:30 the next day so our schedules shifted about two hours later. I have always been more of an early-to-bed early-to-rise kind of person.

Everyday I feel like I'm running as hard as I can just to keep up with the basic things such as feeding, clothing, changing and putting kids to bed. I do much better when I can get adequate sleep, wake up and shower right away. Ever since Matt started back at AltaPoint on Tuesday, I have been looking much better and have had more productive days.

Matt and I are teaching the 12-13 year olds in Sunday School and we love it! I love the "curriculum" and the kids are terrific.

I don't think I have blogged since I joined the Murray Concert Band! I was nervous joining because it's been a few years since playing, but I love it! I love band music and although I was nervous about my ability to play when it seemed like it had been so long it came back a lot more easily than I thought it would. It's sometimes hard to go when I think about leaving the kids, but when I'm there I'm so happy to be there and I know that I need to work on that gift that the Lord has given me if I want to keep it. Plus I know I would forever regret it if I didn't play again!

Abbie has been transformed into one of the happiest babies ever! She is quite the squealer and loves to hear her own voice(typical of a girl right?-ha ha). She has recently discovered that her toes are her new favorite toy in the last few weeks. She loves faces and grabbing onto people or things when they are near. She is still quite the mommy's girl but is getting better with other people as long as she's well-rested, fed, and has a clean diaper. She has a special love for her Daddy whom she has wrapped around those cute little fingers of hers. She is now eating solids twice a day and loves it. She has now figured out how to suck water out of her sippie cups which I am really excited about. She has tried so far: peas, beans(the only thing she doesn't like so far), sweet potatoes, squash, avocados, rice cereal, oatmeal, bananas, pears, and applesauce. She definitely doesn't like baby food squash from the jar, she likes the baby food I make. It makes me feel good that I have been able to make her the food, and I am pretty sure I have saved a bunch doing it! My sister-in-law Janelle and I were talking we think they should sell baby food jars so that consumers can make and can baby food! Then you don't have to use up all that freezer space!

Ammon has made huge strides in the past two days alone! We bought some big boy underwear a few weeks ago but until yesterday really had no desire to go on the potty no matter the bribe or excitement we have over going. Out of the blue yesterday he came to me and told me he had to go potty and has stayed dry ever since other than the hours he is sleeping. He knows when he has to go and so far hasn't been so distracted by eating or playing that he's had an accident.
He also has great love of learning. He is basically teaching himself to read it seems sometimes. I feel like such a slacker that I'm not teaching him things first, but he comes to me and asks questions like "mommy, what does J start with?" (He's really asking what words start with J) He does that pretty much everyday as he looks at his magnetic letters on the fridge. Sometimes I'll say words and he'll make the sound of the first letter and tell me what letter that word starts with. I find myself quite amazed.

Matt's brother and his wife are finally home from their summer in Florida and we're so happy to have them back.

Well I have more I could ramble about, but I think I got the most important news in here, and who knows when I will post again....geez I haven't been good at posting regularly!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I love this post! I hope you know that even those of us who see you all regularly still love to read about your lives and accomplishments!

Celeste said...

Yay for a blog post on some of my favorite people! :)